Licensed in 1989, I have been practicing law for over 30 years. After serving as an associate and partner at two local Milwaukee firms for over 11 years, I established Rettko Law Offices, S.C., in 2001. During the course of my legal career, I have represented employees and employers who are seeking long-term solutions for complex employment issues.
Dedicated, Professional Representation
At my Brookfield office, I draw clients from Milwaukee metro area and throughout the state of Wisconsin. In addition to my extensive legal experience, I use the knowledge gained from years spent working in the industries of banking, finance and insurance. Having held positions in these fields, I am familiar with the complicated maze of workplace policies and procedures that regulate worker employment and termination. Please read more about my legal background below:
- William R. Rettko
My success in litigating on my clients’ behalf is the reason that I have been selected for inclusion in:
- Super Lawyers
- The American Institute of Trial Lawyers – Litigator of the Year
- Continental Who’s Who – America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- The Top 100 Attorneys of North America
- The American Institute of Legal Counsel’s 10 Best Attorneys list
- Elite Lawyers of America
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
As a result of my diligent advocacy, I obtained a jury verdict exceeding $4 million for Milwaukee police lieutenants and $1.5 million for Town of Beloit employees.
Offering Comprehensive Legal Services In Employment And Labor Law
In addition to my counsel on municipal police matters, I serve my clients in the following capacities:
- Civil rights litigation, an area of the law that can be tremendously complex
- Constitutional issues, rights that are guaranteed to you as a citizen
- Employment law, ensuring everyone’s right to a safe workplace
- Labor law, promoting proper working conditions
- Contract negotiations, from the initial review to signing the dotted line
- Representation during grievance procedures, after a formal complaint is filed
Because I consider my service a vocation, I am dedicated to finding the most equitable solution for an employment dispute. I recognize that the choice to engage in a legal conflict with an employer or an employee is not one that should be rushed nor is it for the timid.
Many of my clients grapple with the decision to file a claim against an individual or company they’ve respected for years. They recognize that the path to receiving justice is not a smooth one. Once they commit to their claim, they know that I will endeavor to find a satisfactory resolution. My record of success is a testament to my ability to achieve justice for my clients.