We’d like to introduce you to Gabriel Johnson—better known around our office, and with clients, simply as Gabe. He joined the firm in 2016, bringing significant experience in workers’ compensation, no-fault arbitrations and personal injury cases. Gabe is a vital part of our team – he’s passionate about helping people, he has a profound knowledge of the law and he loves the Duluth area.
Gabe has practiced workers’ comp and personal injury law for more than 15 years in the Twin Cities and Duluth, Minnesota, and he heads up our firm’s Duluth office. He’s licensed to practice in Minnesota State and Federal Courts.
For workers’ compensation cases, Gabe is the go-to guy. His experience representing both employees and a large corporation makes him exceptionally qualified to help clients achieve a favorable resolution. He takes great pride in helping people who have been injured on the job. He enjoys helping injured workers because, in his experience, “Injured workers want two things: to get better and to get back to work.”
Gabe earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Minnesota Duluth in 2002, and his Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law in 2005. Gabe has earned a spot in the 2021 Top 10 Workers’ Compensation Law Award with Attorney and Practice Magazine.
Gabe returned to Duluth because there’s no place he’d rather be and no people he’d rather represent. When he’s not fighting for his clients, you’ll find him spending time with his family and dog. He is committed to community development and volunteers at Duluth Icebreakers hockey tournaments (formerly Duluth Heights Hockey) and Gitchi Gummi soccer tournaments. Gabe enjoys boating, snowmobiling, and, most importantly, motorcycling. He lives for summer afternoons cruising up the shore on Highway 61 on his Honda Goldwing.
- California Western School of Law
- University of Minnesota Duluth
Honors & Awards
- National Trial Lawyer, Top 40 Lawyers Under 40
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 10 Best Attorneys
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney Award
- Professional Affiliations & Volunteer Work
Professional Affiliations & Volunteer Work
- Licensed, Minnesota Supreme Court, District of Minnesota and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota Association of Justice
- AAA Certified No-Fault Claims Arbitrator
- Member, 11th District Bar Association
- Member, Ramsey County Bar Association
- Flood Crew Member, Duluth Heights Hockey Club, Retired