At the core of Robert Dreger’s legal practice is the intense belief that he is the bodyguard of his client’s business and that DregerLaw is the first and last line of defense in keeping his client’s business litigation-free and out of harm’s way. This vigilant commitment, coupled with over three decades of aggressive representation of clients in federal and state courts and arbitration and mediation proceedings, allows Mr. Dreger to effectively negotiate and structure complex multi-party transactions and settlements that both protect and preserve the rights and the financial interests of his clients.
Relying on his strong commercial background, Mr. Dreger focuses his practice primarily in the areas of transactional and construction law and dispute resolution. His clients range from professional service corporations to closely-held businesses in a wide variety of industries. Mr. Dreger has represented construction industry professionals, including: architects, engineers, developers and contractors in all aspects of residential, commercial and industrial projects. Examples of his successes include:
- Negotiating the sale of an industrial property for a purchase price that exceeded the market appraisal by $300,000.
- Completing the acquisition and conversion of a West Loop industrial property into a state-of-the-art LEED certified commercial loft condominium development. The property was then successfully sold to a Chicago restaurant group and a professional management/ architectural firm.
- Securing and enforcing a judgment on behalf of a commercial landlord against an international art broker that caused extensive damage to the premises during its tenancy, thereby ultimately resulting in the recovery of $72,000 on behalf of the client, including all attorneys’ fees, statutory interest and penalties.
- Securing a $155,000 verdict at trial against an Illinois attorney who participated in a mortgage fraud conspiracy and securing the recovery of an additional $35,000 from structured settlements with the remaining five co-conspirators.
- Rejecting a $32,000 property damage settlement offer and subsequently securing the recovery of $192,000 from the insurance company representing the construction firm that caused extensive structural damage to the client’s commercial building when the contractor conducted unlawful excavation on a vacant lot adjacent to the client’s property.
- Vacating a 7 year old civil judgment of $1.25 million against a family-owned business victimized by attorney fraud, and then securing a $250,000 judgment against the estate of the fraudulent attorney.
Mr. Dreger is also an Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker, Title Insurance Agent, and the founding principal of the real estate development firm of Dreger Enterprises, Ltd., which has successfully completed commercial and luxury residential real estate developments.
An avid racquetball player, Mr. Dreger may often be found on the racquetball court playing for several leagues in the western suburbs and Chicago.