Scott Ritsema became a California personal injury lawyer because he wanted to represent people, not corporations.
Scott is a Partner of Bisnar Chase and has been with the firm since 2008. He gleans maximum satisfaction from the fact that he is fighting every single day to protect the rights of catastrophically injured individuals and is helping them obtain the only form of justice that is available to them.
For the first decade of his career, Ritsema worked as a defense lawyer representing the interests of large corporations and insurance companies. Over time, he found that while winning cases for those types of clients gave him some professional satisfaction, he got very little personal satisfaction.
Although he did his job well, he was not passionate about his victories. Thus, in 2001, he decided it was time to switch sides and to start representing injured individuals.
His experience doing over 10 years of defense work gave him a unique understanding of how to win cases against corporations and insurance companies. Scott has won millions of dollars in compensation for his clients and has been recognized with several prestigious awards. He is ranked as a National Trial Lawyer in the Top 100 and is among America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys for 2022.
Awards and Honors
- 2023 American Institute of Trial Lawyers – Litigator of the Year
- 2023 Alumni Award – National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2023 America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys®
- 2023 10 Best Attorneys, AIOPIA
- 2015-2022 Best Lawyers
- 2015-2022 Best Attorneys
- 2018-2022 Elite Lawyer
- 2023 NAOIPA Best Lawyers
- 2017-2022 Top Attorneys, So. Cal. LA Magazine
- 2017-2022 Top Attorneys, So. Cal. Orange Coast Magazine
- 2011-2022 SuperLawyers
- 2018-2020 Best Lawyers So. Cal. Wall Street Journal
- 2023 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys, AIOPIA
- 2016-2022 Top 10 Attorney, AAOAA
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- CAOC Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Member of OCTLA