Robert M. Draskovich, Jr. is a Las Vegas native who knows this city better than anyone else. Fellow locals may remember him from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish, with honors, in 1994.
However, those in the legal profession all know him as a tireless crusader. His name is synonymous with integrity and dogged efforts securing justice for his clients.
He defends clients all over the United States, including:
- New York
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
Attorney Draskovich received his Juris Doctor, with honors, in 1997 from Brigham Young University Law School. He was a staff member of the Brigham Young University Law Review in 1996 and 1997 and was invited to become a member of Brigham Young University Law School Board of Advocates, which he served from 1995 to 1997. He was admitted to the bar in Nevada and the U. S. District Court of Nevada in 1997, and to the U. S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Following law school, Mr. Draskovich quickly earned a reputation for zealously representing clients in difficult cases and successfully helping people where other attorneys had failed. He has defended a wide array of clients, ranging from members of the Hell’s Angels, the Vice President of Smith & Wesson, and a six-time Olympic Gold Medalist. Many of his cases have received intense media coverage due to their out of the ordinary nature.
To date, Attorney Draskovich has tried more than 100 cases to verdict. He is also Nevada Supreme Court Rule 250 certified, which makes him qualified to handle capital/death penalty cases. He is one of the few attorneys in Nevada who have this certification.
As a result of his hard work both inside and outside the courtroom, he has received numerous professional recommendations. He is universally regarded as one of Nevada’s best trial attorneys. Mr. Draskovich has been listed in US News Best Lawyers in America. The American Trial Lawyers Association has named him a Top 100 Trial Lawyer for consecutive years from 2007 – present.
Las Vegas Life Magazine has recognized Attorney Draskovich as a top trial attorney and Super Lawyers® has nominated Mr. Draskovich as a top criminal defense attorney for consecutive years from 2007 – present. Martindale-Hubbell® has recognized him as an AV Preeminent® lawyer and he has been nominated as the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel every year since 2015.
Due to his 20+ years of experience and insight, Mr. Draskovich has been frequently asked to lecture on trial advocacy, criminal procedure, and evidence in both UNLV and Brigham Young University Law Schools.
Draskovich is a member of the State Bar of Nevada, the Clark County Bar Association, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, and Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice.
He was a panel member of the Nevada Pattern Criminal Jury Instruction Committee and a life member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Additionally, Attorney Draskovich was appointed as a mentor for the Criminal Justice Act panel for the Federal District of Nevada and is an ongoing Legal Analyst for Fox 5 News, CNN, the NBC Nightly News, and the New York Times.
Mr. Draskovich is fluent in Spanish.
Attorney Draskovich has also been named among the top 3% of all criminal defense attorneys in the United States and earned his title as a Distinguished Lawyer. He has earned this honor by holding a number of awards and distinctions, a strong track record of victory for his clients, and a demonstrated passion for making a difference in his community.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- J.D. – 1997
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Brigham Young University Law School Board of Advocates, 1995-1997
- Law Review: Brigham Young University, Staff Member, 1996 – 1997
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- B.A. – 1994
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Spanish
- Frequent Lecturer, Various Criminal Defense, and Trial Advocacy Subjects
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- Nevada Pattern Criminal Jury, Panel Member, Instruction Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member
HONORS & AWARDS
- The Silver State’s Top Attorneys Legal Elite – 2021
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® -“Best Law Firms”- 2021
- Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Nevada Business Legal Elite 2020
- US News Best Lawyers- 2020
- Las Vegas Life Magazine’s Top Attorneys in Nevada, 2007 – present
- Nominated Nevada Super Lawyers®, 2007 – present
- Legal Commentator For Various National News Outlets
- The American Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2007 – 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® Rated AV Preeminent®