Thomas J. Simeone is a trial attorney and managing partner at Simeone & Miller. Mr. Simeone appeared on MSNBC in regard to a client of his who filed a civil rights action against the Library of Congress. He has appeared as a legal commentator on Fox News on several occasions. He appeared in the Washington Post in regard to the settlement of a federal class action suit brought on behalf of disabled persons and on WJLA Channel 7 and Univision in regard to a wrongful death case he filed on behalf of two unarmed men who were shot by an off duty police officer.
He has also appeared in The New York Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, ESPN.com, and TheSportingNews.com. In 1999, Mr. Simeone was WUSA Channel 9’s “Newsmaker of the Day” for a class action case he filed against PEPCO. He has been interviewed by radio stations WMAL in Washington and WHPC-FM in New York and on cable television station CTV-15 in Washington.
The Harvard Law Review described a class action settlement that Mr. Simeone negotiated as “historic.” (Vol. 118, No. 5) and the federal judge in the case described the settlement as “groundbreaking.” Mr. Simeone was a featured speaker in a panel discussion on civil rights at the 20th International Convention held by Self-Help for Hard of Hearing People, an international advocacy group.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Simeone has served as lead trial counsel in several cases resulting in large jury verdicts and settlements, in both state and federal court, including class actions, car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, product liability, workplace injuries and civil rights.
He is admitted to practice before the state and federal courts of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, as well as the United States Supreme Court. He is also a member of the District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association.
Awards & Distinctions
- Named in the “500 leading Plaintiff Lawyers” in the United States by Lawdragon Magazine
- Super Lawyers®– 2012 – Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- National Trial Lawyers Association “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington, D.C.”
- Justice Fellow in the American Academy of Medical Experts
- AV Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 10 out of 10 rating by Avvo.com
- Appeared on Fox News, MSNBC and Univision
- Washingtonian’s Top Lawyer
- Northern Virginia Magazine’s Top Lawyers
Memberships & Activities
- Adjunct Professor at The George Washington University Law School
- American Associate of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers Association of Washington, DC
Columbia University School of Law
- Three Time Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Editor, Columbia Journal of Law & Social Problems
- Dean’s List (Six Semesters)
- School of Management’s Dean’s Advisory Board
- New York State Society of C.P.A’s Career Placement Award